This MR contains the following updates:
This is a patch release for 7.6. We recommend using 7.6.1 instead of 7.6.
It fixes the following issues:
- #19065 Platform dependencies not possible in dependency block of test suite plugin
- #22688 Increased memory usage (with -p option)
#22796 Building gradle itself fails during toolchain download: permission denied copying a file within
- #22875 Regression with 7.6: @pom artifact in JVM library project is no longer found
- #22937 Remove safe credentials reference
- #22973 Kotlin MPP plugin broken with Gradle 7.6 due to signature change in TestResultProcessor
- #23016 toolchainManagement.jvm.javaRepositories should not expose the full surface of NamedDomainObjectList
- #23025 Back-port toolchain related fixes to 7.6.1
- #23053 Auto-provisioning/auto-detection of IBM Semeru toolchains is broken with Gradle 7.6
- #23074 Docs: Build Lifecycle starts halfway through a point
- #23096 Classifiers of version catalog are discarded while copied to anothor dependency
- #23111 Ant closures are broken with Gradle 7.6
- #23178 Mention the Foojay Toolchain Resolver plugin in the Gradle manual
- #23215 Gradle 7.6: high memory usage (android project)
- #23224 Backport to 7.6.1 "Fix for Incremental compilation with modules"
- #23294 "Unable to make progress running work" together with --continue and failing tasks (Backport to 7.6.1)
- #23555 Improve Toolchain related deprecation nagging in 7.6
- #23894 Update EOL policy
- #23910 Backport trusting only full GPG keys in dependency verification [Backport 7.6.1]
- #23941 Typo in v7.6 docs about disabling_the_daemon
- #23985 Resolving of manually created configuration creates a ResolveException
Switch your build to use Gradle 7.6.1 by updating your wrapper:
./gradlew wrapper --gradle-version=7.6.1
See the Gradle 7.x upgrade guide to learn about deprecations, breaking changes and other considerations when upgrading to Gradle 7.6.1.
If you find a problem with this release, please file a bug on GitHub Issues adhering to our issue guidelines. If you're not sure you're encountering a bug, please use the forum.
If you want to rebase/retry this MR, check this box
This MR has been generated by Renovate Bot.