Merged requested to merge renovate/develop-prompt-toolkit-3.x into develop
This MR contains the following updates:
- Support format specifiers for HTML and ANSI formatted text.
- Accept defaults for checkbox and radio list, and their corresponding dialogs.
- Fix resetting of cursor shape after the application terminates.
- Support for cursor shapes. The cursor shape for prompts/applications can now be configured, either as a fixed cursor shape, or in case of Vi input mode, according to the current input mode.
- Handle "cursor forward" command in ANSI formatted text. This makes it possible to render many kinds of generated ANSI art.
PlainTextOutput: an output implementation that doesn't render any ANSI escape sequences. This will be used by default when redirecting stdout to a file.
create_app_session_from_tty: a context manager that enforces input/output to go to the current TTY, even if stdin/stdout are attached to pipes.
to_plain_textutility for converting formatted text into plain text.
- Don't automatically use
sys.stderrfor output when
sys.stdoutis not a TTY, but
sys.stderris. The previous behavior was confusing, especially when rendering formatted text to the output, and we expect it to follow redirection.
If you want to rebase/retry this MR, click this checkbox.
This MR has been generated by Renovate Bot.