Just a little wishlist of QOL features
What is the problem you are facing?
I have been using Funkwhale for the last week or so, and I have noticed a few things that are irritating but not a huge deal breaker. Here is a short wishlist of QOL features:
- Struggles when playlists are over 500 songs. The sorting function also takes a long time because it actually sorts the playlist, rather than randomly picking a song.
- No easy way to edit playlists. I'd like to be able to add a song to my playlist without adding them to my queue first.maybe have a button on songs and albums to add to a specific playlist. Also a search bar on the playlist editor to search for songs in a library.
- The artists that have feats on their song are sorted incorrectly. It should not be treated as its own album.
- Everyone on the instance can see your listening activity, this is not such a huge issue for private instances but can be annoying when sharing with friends.
- If my currently playlist has 150 songs and the max is 250 and I'm uploading 200, the uploader will not fail gracefully. Temporary solution is to increase the limit.
- Selecting tracks in your library is difficult. I should be able to use shift, ctrl and ctrl + A shortcuts, or a "select all" button.
What are the possible drawbacks or issues with the requested changes?
It may require some refactoring and a lot of time to make these features user friendly.
Just be in the head space of a user that uses the application as a daily driver and constantly adding new music to their pod.