odd things while browsing user libraries
This issue is meant to help draw the big picture about uploading and sharing in funkwhale"s libraries.
Let say I have two albums of an artist called "Brad Sucks". I uploaded them both to my "mp3" library, which I keep private. But there is one of the album I would like to share with people somewhere, so I upload it again to a second "pod" library. How things appear in library is a bit surprising.
I observe the following:
- the artist is said to appear (correctly) in both libraries.
- the "mp3" library reports only 1 album
- the "pod library" reports 22 tracks for the artist
- the "current usage" section highlights 50.6 MB of "skipped files"
purgebutton does apparently nothing
- I'm not required to upload twice the same album in the first place (stating it here again just to ponderate the expectations below)
- the "pod library" reports 10 tracks for the artist
- the "mp3" library reports 2 albums
- the notice about skipped files gives some explanation about what's going on, and is easily distinguishable from usage information
- the purge button should be offered in very very few cases (ideally never), but when it is it does something