Wrong album artist assigned to new albums when the ID3 tag musicbrainz_albumartistid is set
Steps to reproduce
- I tested this on an name-your-price (i.e. free for testing) Album available at https://mrbill.bandcamp.com/album/the-collaborative-endeavors (MP3 V0) but the issue likely can be reproduced for other songs/albums
- If your Funkwhale instance already contains any of the songs of the album, delete them from the instance
- Open track 14 (Quixotically Speaking) in the ID3 tag editor of your choice (I used picard):
- Add the
musicbrainz_albumartistidtag and set it to
2219ec0e-814e-4117-b1fb-1857bb4d3d25(refers to Mr. Bill)
- Change the
artisttag from "Mr. Bill" to
Mr. Bill & Ill-Esha
- Observe that the
albumartisttag is already set to
- Add the
- Upload the modified MP3 to your funkwhale instance
- Open the new album entry in Funkwhale's album browser
The wrong album artist is assigned to the album entry: The album page says "Album containing 1 track, by Mr. Bill & Ill-Esha"
(In broader context, what happens if you upload all songs of the album in a very specific way, sometimes two entries of the same album but for different album artists will be created.)
What is expected?
The album page should say "Album containing 1 track, by Mr. Bill", as indicated by the
albumartist ID3 tag.
Funkwhale version(s) affected: latest
My Funkwhale instance is based on the all-in-one docker image. I tested both 0.20.1 and the latest
develop tag at the time of writing.